Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Day

Day Report 7 Apr 2004 13:31

I would like to hear from anyone with connections or info on g-grandfather William Bayles ATKINSON Born in 1839 Teesdale (Staindrop, Durham) or any of his family. His parents were Thomas and Margaret ATKINSON of Staindrop and his brothers and sisters were Dianah, Elizabeth, Margaret Ann and John Davies ATKINSON. William Bayles ATKINSON married Harriet Mary BATES from Guillsborough, Northamptonshire. They travelled south to the Essex and London area . Their known children were Harriett, John, Albert,Richard (Dick),Edgarand Harold. As far as is known William Bayles ATKINSON was killed by his nephew between 1883 and 1891 in a dispute over a will. The nephew is then said to have rapidly left the country. So far I have been unable to find any record of his death and hbe is not buried in the family grave at Woodgrange Park Cemetery, London. Val, Sth Oz [email protected]

Aletta

Aletta Report 7 Aug 2009 14:32

Hello Valerie,

I have just seen your message about William Bayles Atkinson and family.

I believe that Thomas, his father, was the son of William and Alice (Simpson). The Simpsons came from Stanwick St John in North Yorkshire. Thomas had several siblings including a Diana.

Thomas' wife Margaret was born in North Wales but so far I have found no surname.

As for William Bayles Atkinson, I am intrigued as to where the middle name Bayles came from as I can, so far, find no connection to a Bayles.

I have more on the Atkinsons if you would like it.

Aletta Harrison (nee Bailes)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Aug 2009 14:36

Best to send a message to Valerie - just click on her name - as I doubt she will be checking one this old but might not be a member now