Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irenevessey30@yahoo.Co.Uk

[email protected] Report 13 Jul 2007 13:42

hi my name is irene atkinson i was born in orkney islands 1968 i am trying to trace my dad who is paul david atkinson born shardlow 1945 his mum hilda atkinson nee riley and father george thomas atkinson moved to victoria australia (not sure when) i think he has about 3 brothers if anyone can help me at all i would be very grateful as i have been trying to find out about him for a number of years

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 31 Aug 2007 06:21

Hi Irene

This looks like it is your grandmother's death in Victoria, Australia:

Surname: ATKINSON
Given Names: Hilda
Father: Riley George
Mother: May Alice COOPER
Death Place: BACCHUS MARSH
Year: 1985
Reg Number: 28937
Event: D

A possible for her husband?:

Surname: ATKINSON
Given Names: George Thomas
Father: Mcdougall Dona
Mother: Jean
Death Place: NEWP
Year: 1982
Reg Number: 08397
Event: D

Maybe if you order Hilda's death certificate it might give you some clues. Go to online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/home

Good luck

Cherilyn