Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ATKINSON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 29 Aug 2007 14:01

Frustration grows! I have been trying to fing info about Thomas Atkinson (DOB C1824) for over three years but no luck. It is believed that Thomas had a sister Isabella and a brother Matthew. Parents John and Phoeby along with Isabella and Matthew lived in Rochdale according to Census 1841. Thomas does not appear with them. Both isabella nd Thomas were christened in Blackburn in 1824. Can anyone add anything to this black hole, please.
David A.

Jane

Jane Report 4 Sep 2007 16:45

Hi David,

I don't think I can be much help to you but there may be a connection later. My Mum's Uncle Richard Stockton c1894 was married to Auntie Len(Ellen) Atkinson1900. He was born in Manchester but I have no information on Len's birthplace.

Does any of this ring any bell?

X Jane

HelenMurphy

HelenMurphy Report 6 Sep 2007 05:32

Good afternoon
I have ATKINSON in my husbands family line.
The only Thomas ATKINSON that I have is:
b.1841 whom married Jane RODDAN.
They had 6 boys.
This Thomas ATKINSON, son of Fergus (1813) and Dorothy (1814).
His siblings were James, Margaret, Jane Ann
and William, Nancy.
If there is any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kindest Regards, Helen. Perth, WA.