Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CAN ANYONE HELP IN FINDING MY PATERNAL GRAND PAREN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivien

Vivien Report 15 Oct 2007 11:03

I am trying to find any information regarding my paternal grand parents, Henry or Harry Atkinson and his wife Alice Atkinson (nee Smith). My Grandfather was a painter and decorator and had a shop on oldham Road Newton heath Manchester. They had two children Alice, who married a Raymond Pilling and had two daughters, June and Valerie. I have only met them once a long time ago, and my Dad Norbert (norman) Atkinson who married my Mum Betty Atkinson and they had two children my brother Norman and myself Vivien. I know that my Grandparents have now passed over as has Alice and Norman, but wonder if anyone can throw any light on the family and in particular Valerie and June. I look forward to hearing anything.

Viv Parker

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 15 Oct 2007 11:30

is this their marriage
Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

Marriages Sep 1927 -

ATKINSON Henry SMITH Willesden 3a 864

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 15 Oct 2007 11:37

I checked ancestry to see if he married a Alice.

She isnt listed as Alice. Maybe she used her second name?

Too many Smiths to trawl through,sorry.

Gerri

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 15 Oct 2007 11:50

Marion M.E. Smith married 1927 3a-864

Gerri (now cross eyed)

Vivien

Vivien Report 16 Oct 2007 12:10

Thanks Gerri for looking for me - Stupid of me not to give you any dates. My Dad was born in January 1924. Not sure when his parents got married but I would suspect Henry was born about 1900 or 1901. I did find a Henry Atkinson on the 1901 census but nothing else.