Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why so many

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivien

Vivien Report 6 Nov 2007 11:06

Its me again - I would never have imagined there are so many Atkinsons. I am still looking for my paternal Grandad and family - but have had no responses to my emails of people who may be able to help me. I find it all so frustrating and not sure where I go from here.

Vivien

tory

tory Report 6 Nov 2007 11:11

hi vivian i had the same problem somaone told me to e-mail them again so i did and it work quite a few got in touch .try it you have nothing to lose .good luck victoria

Vivien

Vivien Report 6 Nov 2007 11:35

Hi Victoria - I have emailed them all again - one of the people had all my maternal great aunts and uncles in his tree - the other lady seemed to have the Atkinson family in hers - I have asked if I can look at their trees and to no avail. Am really disappointed.

Vivien

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 6 Nov 2007 11:49

Vivien

Why dont you research your own Family tree?

It's much more fun than relying on what others have found and you never know....they might have made mistakes!

Give it a go and I bet you enjoy it...

Geraldine

Vivien

Vivien Report 6 Nov 2007 13:26

I have researched my own family tree - on my Mothers side I have got to me great great great Grand Father. One of my emails was to someone who seemed to share that family tree. On my Fathers side I am stuck with my Dad's Family. I dont know much about them and I thought I had found a member who could help - she just hasn't replied. I have looked on Census, BDM records but without much information I feel I am at a loss. I was so excited when I thought I had found a member of that family. Yes it is fun and very exciting. It is also frustrating when people are on the site and dont bother to email back to you.

Vivien

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Sep 2008 20:10

vivien you dont state your grandfathers name caroline

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Sep 2008 20:10

vivien you dont state your grandfathers name caroline