Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to trace henry bailey

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leann

Leann Report 30 Aug 2008 23:13

im trying to find my grandfather henry bailey(1929c) he was married to my nanna jean carter,they had 5 children together graham,brian,sandra,gloria,mandy.they parted and last i heard he was living in birmingham smethwick unsure if he had a new family or not.im having trouble tracing his side of the family tree in regards to re marriage his parents ect,be good to hear from anyone with info thanks leann bailey

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 30 Aug 2008 23:19

Try 192.com

Janice

Janice Report 31 Aug 2008 00:21

Do you think he is still alive?
Is it him you are trying to locate or just Ancestry?
Janice

Leann

Leann Report 6 Sep 2008 22:51

hi yes i believe he is still alive upto last year at least he was in contact with a family member although no one talks about him now,no members of family can tell me who his parents were or if he had any sisters or even re married just be good to get some background on the bailey side of my tree thanx leann

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 9 Sep 2008 15:48

The cert of the marriage to Jean Carter will tell you how old he was............and the name and occupation of his father

Leann

Leann Report 12 Sep 2008 13:12

yes ive asked my nanna she not longer has the marriage or divorce cert and she is unsure of how many siblings he had and cannot remember his parents full names as it was her first marriage and a very long time ago thanks for your help

Leann

Leann Report 12 Sep 2008 22:35

ive just paid for credits and cannot believe how many you have to use to find out nothing,it wants details before you can search if i had the details i wouldnt need to search,im still none the wiser as i dont know when henry married my nanna jean so without the year i could waste all my credits searching the only thing i found was my dads birth details that doesnt give me his dads details just the mothers,so how do i search my grandads side without any dates any help would be most gr8ful

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 12 Sep 2008 22:47

Your grandmother may not have the cert.....but surely she remembers when she got married?

In which year was your father born?

How many of his siblings (if any) were older than him?

Janice

Janice Report 12 Sep 2008 23:25

Leann
Did you ever get any further with this search or still stuck?
Janice

Janice

Janice Report 12 Sep 2008 23:43

Leann

Here is the marriage.
HENRY BAILEY TO JEAN CARTER:
Registered Smethwick March Quarter 1951
Reference to order Certificate: 9b 1289

This will tell you age of Henry when he married Jean.
The name of his Father and his Father's occupation.

Janice

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 12 Sep 2008 23:50

Possibly Henry's Birth but you would need both the marriage cert then the birth cert to cross check father's names etc.

Name: Henry Bailey
Year of Registration: 1928
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Harris
District: Birmingham South
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 309

cane

cane Report 12 Sep 2008 23:57

where's smethwick ?

Leann

Leann Report 13 Sep 2008 00:26

my father was born brian bailey may 1959 he has 2 older than him graham and gloria then younger sandra plus mandy who is deceased,i have found birth henry 1929 in rochdale mother maiden bailey then found henry n 1928 birmingham mother maiden brooks and i know henry has a sister called may thats all i can find at this time,also ive been told henrys birthday is in september unsure of actual day

Janice

Janice Report 13 Sep 2008 00:36

So the address in Smethwick with Henry & May could be his sister he is residing with then or second Wife?
Janice

Janice

Janice Report 13 Sep 2008 00:43

I would get marriage and then work back from there once you know his Father's Name.

Janice

Janice

Janice Report 13 Sep 2008 01:47

If your Nan no longer has the marriage certificate which of course she cannot have has she is divorced and it is law that it is handed in when you obtain your divorce papers, and these divorce papers are also handed in if and when you get remarried then your Nan will not bebale to give you the details from these.
If she cannot remember then you should but the certificate for her marriage which will give you all the information you need.
I have given you the reference and all details needed to buy this certificate so that is your best move really.
Also if you are checking for another marriage for Henry it will help if you say when Henry left Jean?
Approximate date given by children of when Dad was last at home would help the searchers.
Janice xxx

Leann

Leann Report 13 Sep 2008 10:59

been given these details today henry did national service in binbrook he was an electrican,my nanna married him in birmingham then moved to grimsby after the divorce he went back to smethwick where most of his family resided,mandy was the youngest child but died of cot death making my dad the youngest he thinks he was about 8-10yrs old when henry left,also yes nanna did remarry to a man call lewis scott and had andrew scott he was born 1974 unsure of wedding date to lewis as yet ty

Leann

Leann Report 13 Sep 2008 11:06

my dad seems to think may was a spinster that she never married,also that she worked for cadburys thats all he knows and that there were alot of siblings henry and may bein 2 of them others unknown ty

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 13 Sep 2008 11:31

You have been given the marriage details for Henry and Jean...............you can't make accurate progress until you purchase the cert..............

Leann

Leann Report 13 Sep 2008 11:48

yes i understand that and im prepared to puchase the cert,next question how do i obtain the cert as i live in grimsby and they married in birmingham so could you plz point me in the right direction to purchase it