Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bailey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 31 May 2007 22:40

Hi, can anyone help with finding my father's family please! My father was WALTER CHARLES BAILEY born 18 November 1920 to WALTER CHARLES born 1898 and KATE ELIZABETH (nee WOODS) born 1892, married March 1920. There were two other children ~ LESLIE WILLIAM born 1926 and GLADYS born 1927. These events all took place in MORTLAKE/RICHMOND, SURREY. From memory I believe Leslie may have had three sons and was married to Barbara (?). Gladys had a son Terry (who died very young) and a daughter Elaine. Our father died when I was 9 years old and my brother Stephen was 4 years old. We had contact with our grandparents until around 1963 when they moved to STEVENAGE, HERTS. From this time there was only sporadic contact and, although we saw our nan once more (around 1973) at a relative's in SHEEN, sadly we never saw grandad again. I have managed to research and obtain birth, marriage and death certificates which have enabled me to piece more information together but what Stephen and I would dearly love is to be able to contact our cousins and complete some more of the jigsaw. I believe they may still be in/around the STEVENAGE area. If any of the above means anything to you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me. Linda Ann Golden (Nee Bailey)