Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Barnes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terry

Terry Report 7 May 2007 20:14

Seeking information - James Barnes & Henrietta Fenn: James Barnes dob 26 July 1837, Leeds, cannot find in 1841 census, but is in 1851 and '61 census with family - John and Mary Barnes, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds. Married Henrietta Fenn, born 22 Mar 1844, Richmond Surrey, 25 Aug 1863, Greenwich, London. James occ Commercial Traveller agrees with 1861 census. Had child Herbert Edwin 26 Sep 1869, Richmond Surrey, my maternal great grandfather. No trace of James or Henrietta in 1871 census. James re-appears in 1881 and '91 census with brother John & family, Hanover Square, Leeds. James listed as married and blind. Death record at his brother's address 7 May 1899 & death duty register entry 1899 confirms date of death. No further trace of Henrietta. Herbert appears to be listed in 1871, '81 and '91 census as lodger and boarder at 18 mths, 11 and 21 yrs. I am guessing that something happened for them to 'abandon' or foster out Herbert. Would be grateful for any information on James and Henrietta. I have Henrietta's ancestral information and Herbert's descendents - but not his death record. Willing to share view of my tree on genes reunited with interested parties. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------