Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Barrow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 20 Jul 2007 11:38

I'm interested in any information regarding the family of Thomas Barrow b1813 in Weaverham, Cheshire. My great-grandmother, Sarah Jane Perry was his niece, but I've been unable to locate her mother who I'm hoping was a Miss Barrow. According to the 1891 census Thomas was a coal merchant living at 11 Rock Lane East, Rock Ferry, Cheshire. His wife was Mary Ann, and although they don't appear to have had any children, their home seemed to be full of nieces and nephews:- Peter b 1861 in Devon Castle, worked as a salt merchant Sarah Jane Perry b 1862 in Michigan, USA (my gt grandmother) Fanny Jane Barrow b1870 in Weaverham, Cheshire worked as a miliner Charles F b1876 in Weaverham, Cheshire and Gt Niece Georgina Holdsworth b1886 in Tranmere Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.