Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Laramys Court, Barnstaple, Devon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flossie

Flossie Report 24 Nov 2007 14:53

Does anybody have any information on where or what was 'Laramys Court' in Barnstaple please? I have found that my ancestor Hugh Bawden (b. 1813/14) his wife Mary Gould and children were there in the 1851 census. I have tried google and all the other search browsers to find out what the place was but with no success. I am wondering if it was a union workhouse or a private residence somewhere in Barnstaple. Please can anyone help? Thank you

Pam

Pam Report 24 Nov 2007 15:51

Send an e-mail to this address and ask them

[email protected]

Beresford

Beresford Report 1 Jan 2008 20:29

My name is Beresford Bawden and I was born and now live in Barnstaple, I can remember a Laramys Court but cannot now place it. Barnstaple has undergone many changes in my life time and much of the old town has disapeared ,but I will attempt to locate it as I am also traceing my history. as a matter of interest many Bawdens lived around the Bishops Nympton area. please reply.