Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Bell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shellie

Shellie Report 4 Nov 2007 22:32

I am trying to learn where our William Bell was born and his date of birth. William died in South Australia and on his death certificate it states he was born in London. On his marriage certificate he gave his fathers name, John Bell. We think he was born about 1835.
Other details:
Married Mary Ann Hutton (Born Scotland) on the 16.5.1861 Clare, South Australia. They had 7 children all born in South Australia. Died 24.6.1922 at Norwood, South Australia.
William discovered gold at Echunga, South Australia.
William has eluded us for many years and any information will be appreciated.
Regards
Shellie Cummings

Shellie

Shellie Report 5 Nov 2007 07:31

Different sources say William was a Gold miner(discovered gold at Echunga), Well Sinker and a Shepherd when first arrived in South Australia.
We know nothing about his father or mother, only fathers name John.
Children of William and Mary Ann Bell all born South Australia:
James 1859
Elizabeth 1862
John 1864
Jessie 1865
Margaret 1866
William Christopher 1869
Helena 1872

My Great Grandfather wrote that William was from London but no supporting documents.
Thanks for your interest
Shellie

Shellie

Shellie Report 6 Nov 2007 07:35

Thank you for your information. I have sent a copy of your message to my Grandmother who has been looking for William some 25 years. I have asked if she has pursued the William you found in the census.
Thanks again for your support.
Shellie

Roger

Roger Report 20 Nov 2007 06:37

I would also like to know the birthplace & parents of William Bell who was my great great grandfather.The information I have is similar to yours. I am interested to know of your connection. Perhaps we can help each other in our quest!
Heather

Shellie

Shellie Report 22 Nov 2007 06:50

I would love to share information with you.
I have sent a message to you via your Genes account.

I am very excited at the prospect of communicating with you.
Shellie