Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rena Scrafton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rena

Rena Report 6 Mar 2005 22:12

Hi, I am Rena, and looking for any relatives of a Mary Jane Bennett who was my grandmother on my fathers side. She married a Thomas Dickman in 1931 in Newcastle. As far as I know they lived in the Byker area. Between them they had nine children, one being my father. Unfortunately, I don't know very much about that side of my family, and would like to learn more. Hope you can help. I know Mary died approximately in 1975, and that Thomas was in the RAF at some point. Regards.

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2007 01:40

Hello Rena
I do not think we are connected but recently I have had some really good results in looking for my relatives who were in the Armed Services. So I thought I would let you know that you may be able to find out about Thomas in the RAF by looking in the National Archives. Most service records I have seen give date of enlistment, rank, area of operation,next of kin details, occupation before joining and if you can then ask for their service record you can find out where they served.
I don't know if you have tried this but it may give you some clues in looking for the rest of his family.
Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Sue