Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Best

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 18 Jun 2007 09:52

I am looking for any information on descendants of George BEST, born Paddington, 1822/23. He married Eliza (possibly GREEN) in 1845 and had 5 children: Sarah Ann born 1850, Elizabeth born 1851, Walter born 1853?, Eliza Harriet born 1th April 1855 and Alfred John born 1856? George BEST was an auctioneer and in 1861 the family were living at 5 Rochester Terrace, Westminster. In 1881 George BEST resided at 15 Cathnor Road, Shepherd's Bush. Eliza Harriet married Henry Thomas FINN in Lambeth in 1886 and they moved to Bournemouth, Hampshire. Alfred John seems to have married a Martha COLLINGS, born Hertfordshire, in 1875 and in 1881 the family resided at 8 Daneville Road, Camberwell, Surrey. Records show that they had 4(?) daughters. Should you be able to help me, I would love to hear from you.