Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info on Mary blackwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 31 Aug 2007 16:08

I'm trying to get data on a Mary Blackwell who married a John Bathgate on 26th Dec 1826.....She was born I believe around 1800-1810
I've located two Marys who were born in that range

1 Mary..Born 26th Mar 1803 Christened 17th Apr 1803 at Caerfallwch, Flint..Father John Mother Mary

2 Mary Born 20th Oct 1801 Christened 2nd Nov 1801 at Caerfallwch, Flint..Father William Mother Elizabeth

Unfortunately I cannot prove if either of the above is the Mary I am searching for..or if indeed either of them is my Mary

Can anyone assist please
Regards John Bathgate

Graham

Graham Report 26 Oct 2007 20:33

Your Mary no 1 born 1803, I have as married to a Thomas Jones. The Mary Blackwell you are looking for is neither of the Caerfallwch Blackwells, she was in fact born in 1806 in Conway, Caernarvonshire and died in 1878 in Liverpool. If you have access to Ancestry.com try this link

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/pt/person.aspx?tid=369572&pid=-2089882198

If not, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll transcribe it for you.

All the best
Graham Blackwell
(descended from the Caerfallwch Blackwells!)

John

John Report 2 Nov 2007 09:30

Graham
Thanks for your reply...I intend to visit Wales one day to investigate my late 1700 ancestors..evidently we are the descendence of a Thomas Blackwell (Borthgwy) Ferrymaster and Hotel Owner at the Menai St before the bridge....somewhere in the 1780s Thomases children particularly Archibald changed the surname to Bathgate
Like to find out why
Regards John Bathgate