Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bletcher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Virginia

Virginia Report 6 Jul 2007 01:18

I am currently researching the Bletcher branch of my husbands tree. I would love to get into contact with whoever has the following Bletchers in their tree: Thomas Bletcher born abt 1840 in Ontario, Canada, his wife Annie King born abt 1846 in Ontario, Canada. He was a mechanical engineer and made sewing machines for a company - according to the census records - called E&M. Four of his six sons became mech engineers and worked for that company too. I have not gone back before Thomas and Annie because I have yet to master searching Canadian records! However I do have details of their children, there are 7 of them born before Annie died around 1877-1878. Thomas remarried Matilda Jane Revell (born in Poplar abt 1861) and together they had another 7 children. All children were born in London - around the Bow, Tottenham and Pancras areas - and between the years of 1865 and 1894. One of Thomas and Annies daughters Margaretta Florence (born in Pancras, 1866) is my husbands great grandmother. If anyone has any information that might match up please do get in contact. Cheers Virginia