Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry Cyril Francis Bowman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 5 Nov 2007 14:24

I am trying to trace any living relative of Henry Cyril Francis Bowman born c1916 in Ilford?, Flight Lieutenant (Pilot) 111776, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, 129 Squadron. Died 28 July 1942 aged 26, married to Myra Bowman (nee Jackson) - my grandmother. He was the son of Rifleman Henry Frederick Bowman, Kings Royal Rifle Corps (killed in action in France 23 April 1917) and Thyrza Elizabeth Bowman (nee unknown) of Ilford, Essex. I was always under the impression that my family were all from Yorkshire and to find that Thyrza was from Ilford is a shock. I have reason to beleive that Henry Frederick was actually born in Germany and as a young boy came to England and was naturalised. Can anyone help????

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 5 Nov 2007 14:26

Births Sep 1915

BOWMAN Henry C F Woodlock Holborn 1b 990

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 5 Nov 2007 14:28

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1913
Bowman Harry Woodlock W Ham 4a 686
Bowman Harry O F Woodlock W. Ham 4a 686

Woodlock Thyrza E Bowman W.Ham 4a 686

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 5 Nov 2007 14:35

census 1891
WOODLOCK, Harriett Head Widow F 37 Dressmaker
Colchester
Essex
WOODLOCK, Thyrza E Daughter F 3
Hoxton
Middlesex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG12 Piece:
1327 Folio:
103 Page:

Registration District:
West Ham Sub District:
West Ham EnumerationDistrict:
46 Ecclesiastical Parish:
St Gabriels

Civil Parish:
West Ham Municipal Borough:
West Ham Address: