Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Bradbury

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PerthGirl

PerthGirl Report 5 Jan 2008 13:01

Hi,
Looking for information on George Bradbury my great grandfather
(and his wife)

George Bradbury – born about 1877, died 09 Jul 1946, Perth Western Australia
Married Kate (?) – born about 1883, died 05 Jul 1961, Perth Western Australia
Had children, Alf, Rose, Elsie, Dawn, Roy, Albert

I think George was from England, but have no proof – and I don’t know when / what
Ship he came to Australia on.

Also looking for information on Albert Bradbury (george's son, my grandfather) - as to his birth details, and when he came to australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I’ll share what info I have.

Thank you
Sharon

SueS

SueS Report 5 Jan 2008 15:54

Sharon

you have your great grandpartents details but do you not know when your grandfather was born?.?...that would help to pinpoint a possible UK marriage for George and Kate. I can see a POSSIBLE marriage of a George BRADBURY to a Katie MILLER in 1901 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Derbyshire and there are some BRADBURY births registered there including a Roy and a Rosa with mother's maiden name MILLER (the index only gives mother's name from 1911). I thought Australian marriage certificates gave the mothers name. More information on your grandfather is needed.

SueS

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 8 Jan 2008 07:47

Sharon
Have found the following on the Australian Electoral Roll for Western Aust. 1936;
District of Forest; Sub-District of Nelson:-
BADBURY George, group 26, Pemberton,Group Settler
BRADBURY Kate, group 26, Pemberton, Home Duties
Also found a Reginald; James Robert & Doris and Alfred.
Also found Australian Electoral Roll for Western Aust. 1936; District of Fremantle;
Sub-District of Claremont
BRADBURY Albert Edward, 19 Broome St. Cottesloe, French Polisher.
Are any of these your relatives?
JulieD

SueS

SueS Report 8 Jan 2008 16:28

Sharon, the info Julie has found ties in with some of these BRADBURY births registered in Derbyshire post 1911 when the mother's maiden name is MILLER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1911 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradbury Reginald Miller Ashby Z. 7a 165

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1913 (97%)

BRADBURY James R Miller Ashby Z. 7a 181

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

BRADBURY Roy Miller Ashby Z. 7a 131

Births Jun 1918 (40%)

Bradbury Rosa Miller Ashby de la Zouch 7a 131

Births Dec 1920 (98%)

Bradbury Irene Miller Ashby Z. 7a 152