Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Brett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard Howison

Richard Howison Report 6 Jun 2007 22:21

I am trying to locate relatives on my mothers side - she was Barbara Olive Brett who was the daughter of Alfred george Brett and Francis (Fanny Brett). They lived in Warwickshire. My mothe maried Douglas Howison-Johnstone. She had brothers Tony, who went to Canada to train as a Pilot from England in the war and joined the canadian air force. His 2nd wife was Alma (I think) and he had a son and daughter. I am 56 and his daughter was of a similar age. The 2nd oldest brother to my mother was Selby who went to America about early 60s. He was into diving and he had been a design tool draughtsman with I think Rolls Royce in Warwickshire. Lost total contact. with seby and his family. Her youngest brother was Peter Colin Brett, known as Colin to us. Peter was married to Shonan who was a very good friend of my mother. Peter and Shonan had a son (Paul) and a daughter (Amanda). We think that the family may have gone to Spain as Shonan was Spanish. They had owned a pub in lower Weald, Hampshire not far from Lasham and then converted I think an old peoples home into a hotel not far from Liss in Hampshire. I am particularly keen to find a cousin of my mother Barbara Olive Brett who during the War was a childrens nurse in a childrens home I believe near to Rugby in Warwickshire. We think his name was Donald. He was a Solicitor. I am 56 years and would be interested to hear from anyone of a similar age whose father or a relative was a Solicitor in Warwickshire during the War and related to George and Fanny Brett possible the solicitor was a cousin of Barbara. MY parents Maried in !943 in a registery office in Warwickshire. He was in the Army at the time and then went abroad to Africa and on to Burma training chindits in communications African Corp and joined Wngate in Burma. My mother always told me to contact her Cousin when she died, I never didi - and as said before I think he was a Donald Brett? Dunchurch seems to ring a ball for some reason. Richard Johnstone 70 turnpike Road Newbury RG142NF email: [email protected] 0163548905