Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Brickwood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 19 May 2007 16:15

BRICKWOODS OF WINDSOR.

I am looking for information on The Brickwood family who lived in DEDWORTH / CLEWER.

My great grandfather (James Slaughter) sister ELIZABETH married WILLIAM BRICKWOOD in 1895 in Windsor.

She was his second wife. HIs first wife was called ISABELLA KATE SHEPHERD. They married in 1880 in Croydon. Isabella died in 1892 in Windsor.

William was the landlord of the pub called THE WOLF in DEDWORTH.

They had 5 children that I know of but I believe they did have 6 altogether.

WILLIAM BRICKWOOD b 1897 in CLEWER, WINDSOR
EDWARD BRICKWOOD b 1898 in CLEWER, WINDSOR
ADA ANNIE BRICKWOOD b 1901 in CLEWER, WINDSOR
EVA ELIZABETH BRICKWOOD b in 1901 in CLEWER, WINDSOR (Ada and Eva were twins)
ERNEST BRICKWOOD b 1903 in CLEWER, WINDSOR.

Elizabeth, Isabella and William are all buried together in ST ANDREWS CHURCHYARD in CLEWER.

I have found out that Ernest had a son called ROGER BRICKWOOD but I have no idea where he lives etc.

If anyone can help with information on any of these people I would be very grateful.