Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Broom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 11 Jun 2007 16:19

Hi can any one help me. I am trying to find the conection or missing link to my paternal grandparents. Am digging up info that doesnt seem to connect. My dad was Charles William BROOM born 1914 in Cricklade. His mothers name was SLY, born Wootton Bassett. and we believe that, his father was Thomas, possibly born Stanton St Quinton 1879. Now if I am chasing the right Sly then his mother was called Caroline and lived at Brinkworth, and she was born 1890, which gives them a 11 year age gap. not impossible I know. But I was brought up to know that Charles mother, was divorced from Thomas btwn 1914-18. they both remarried and Thomas we know ent on to have a second family still staying in the area. Charles settled in Calne and was married twice. Once to Dorothy Hayes from Kington Lanley, or St Micheal, he had a son graham. Then married Brenda Hart and had myself and a sister. If you know of the people mention and you hold the missing link to my puzzle would be great to hear from you. Can find both Thomas and Caroline on census but noe a marriage to connect them and cant connect thomas to being Charles dad. Oh and Thomas was also married to a Bessie on the 1901census, but isnt my grandmother