Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burgess, Morris, Davies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

D

D Report 22 Dec 2007 12:50

WILLIAM GEORGE BURGESS(born C.1880) married DAISY EMMA SPARROW(1891-1969). lived in1917 @ 32 jackson st, greenwich. Worked in the greenwich arsenal at that time too. They had irene, phyllis, gordon (who emmigrated in the 50's), ernie who was handicapped by epilepsy. And Connie isabel burgess (my gt gran). I cant find their marriage certificate anywhere. And his name is so common that finding his death cert is impossible without buying them all !

WILLIAM JOHN MORRIS (C.1876) married SARAH DAVIES (C.1876) in pengraig, pontypridd, mid glamorgan. Father was JOHN MORRIS. Her father was BENJAMIN DAVIES and married a Rachel. They had rachel, stephen, william (the two boys emmigrated to usa and canada dont know which is which) phyllis may (my gran) and another girl who died young. They moved to doncaster and ran a hotel 1940-43.

I'm especially interested in Stephen and William Morris. I have a photo of william in a uniform - looks like a boat captian but i have no idea when or where it was taken. Says "love to Sadie." Dont know why the family didnt keep in touch and gran got upset when i asked questions, so i stopped. She's now sadly passed.

Thanks for any help you can give even if its family folklaw as i know nothing else about these relatives and every avenue is blocked without any dates etc.

Dianne Wade