Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Burley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 8 May 2007 02:22

Hello fellow Burley researchers, My name is Carol and I live in Adelaide South Australia. I am trying to find any information on Robert Burley and his wife Susannah Stanford. According to my records Robert was born 9 March 1806 in Lingfield, Surrey. He married Susannah Stanford on 26 Sept at Edenbridge, Surrey. They emmigrated to South Australia on the 'Rajasthan' and arrived here on the 16th Nov 1838, 2 years after SA was settled by free settlers as opposed to all the other states that were settled by convicts. He lived at Meadows in the Adelaide Hills and they had 9 children, one born in England and the rest out here. He built a mill at Meadows and ran it for many years. He died aged 57 and is buried in Meadows in a tiny cemetery that is now on private property so I cant get to see if it still exists (unlikely because we have had several raging bushfires over the last 2 centuries). Any more information anyone could add would be very much appreciated. Thankyou in advance, Carol.