Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Burns

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

judylar

judylar Report 26 Jun 2007 06:59

I'm trying to find info. on Forrest Strickland Burns (Sticklin on marriage cert) B: 30.10.1802,Stonehouse, Lanarkshire, Scotland M: 14.12.1833, New Monkland, Lanarkshire-Janet Kent(Kurt) 3 crn William Jack 14.5.1840 New Monkland John 1841 Lanarkshire Janet 1844 ? M: 1841 Margret Browning B: 1805 Dalserf, Scotland she had a daughter Margret King? 1851 Scotland census shows Forrest c1808 living at New st, Stonehouse. Janet 7yrs John 10yrs Alfred King Hamilton 1yr son of McKay Margret King 18yrs. step daughter b: Gerbels. wife Margret B Dalserf Forrest & Margret emigrated 1855 to Australia, they must have spent some time in Tasmania, because their daughter Mary Ann was born 1857 in Bicheno. (adopted???) On Margrets death cert. , Forrest stated that she had no natural crn. Forrest died in Maryborough , Victoria, Australia 22.9.1888. Mary Anne Burns married my gt, grandfather Joseph William Clements, 22.4.1878 at Talbot, Victoria, Australia. If anyone could shed light on any of this, it would be greatly appreciated, as I've now drawn blanks!!!