Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Burns

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 6 May 2007 17:45

Carbry Burns or Carberry Burns,born circa 1839 in Ireland. 1870 Married Eliza Easter Scarborough in Hull Yorkshire When he was 32 years old. His name is spelt 'Carbry' on the Wedding certificate. his fathers name on the certificate is Owen Burns. Occupatoin Farmer deceased.(I presume this was in Ireland) 1871 Census 'Carberry' Burns still living in Hull with his wife(note spelling of name). 1878 Carbry & Eliza Burns are living in Liverpool at 30 Bostock S't Bootle were my Grand Father was born 24th May 1878 named James Henry Burns. (I have searched the whole of Bostock S't in the 1881 census to see if there is anyone else called Burns living there shortly after that time of 1878 sadly I have drawn a blank). My theory is that the reason he moved to Liverpool was because he had relations living there. I know it's a long shot but if you have anyone in your tree named Owen Burns or Carbry (Carberry) Burns Please get in touch. 1880 Carbry Burns died at Willerby N'r Hull aged 42 years. 1881 census Eliza Easter Burns my G-Grandmother & James Henry Burns my Grandfather, were back in Hull living at her farthers house in Hull. Thank you for taking the time to read the above.I know the chances are slim but Hope Springs Eternal. Peter Burns.