Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Butterfield c 1806 wife Martha Smith c 1808 Y

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 25 Aug 2007 16:30

Can anyone help me with information on John Butterfield b c 1806, born in Keighley? Yorkshire. I have been searching for months now trying to identify John's parents and any siblings but hit a brick wall?

He married Martha Smith 7 Jan 1830 in Keighley West Yorkshire.

They had 8 children:

Henry c 1832
Jane c 1834
John c 1836
William Smith c 1838
Elizabeth c 1842
Thomas c 1846
Grace c 1847
Mary c 1850

Any bit of information however small would be appreciated.
Thanks
Amanda

Amanda

Amanda Report 12 Dec 2007 17:12

nudge

jjbabs19

jjbabs19 Report 2 Jan 2008 09:14

Hi. Amanda, I've got the same problem with a Maria (h) Smith abt. 1821 - 3 Armley Wells, Yorks. She married Daniel Hargreaves 1844 Bradford, Yorks. My Maria (h) was the daughter of a Thomas Smith. A witness at their marriage was Joseph Smith. Thomas being her father, so Joseph presumably would be her brother. I also have a Devine interred in a Joseph Smith grave at Undercliffe Cemetery, Bfd. (This could have a Denholme / Keighley connection). I can't give you the information you require, but we maybe able to go around the "houses" so to speak, and see if it leads anywhere. If not to link the Smiths, to at least broaden our knowledge of them. The Butterfield name comes close to my line of decend on 2 counts. I have a Butterfield/Hodgkins link, and a Butterfield witness at a Clifford marriage. Does any of the above sound familiar. jjbabs.