Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Byrne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marlene

Marlene Report 25 Jul 2007 09:00

Kia Ora Greetings from New Zealand! I am seeking any descendants of my great grandfather's kid sister JANE WARD born 1867 in Alcester Warwickshire. In the 1870s the WARD famiy moved to Aston Birmingham. Jane married JAMES BURNS in 1892 at Aston Brook and James signed the certificate as BURNS. However when their children Eva Mary (1894) and James Henry Victor (1898) were born their births were registered as BYRNE In 1910. Jane Byrne was at present at the death of her mother at 41 St Andrews Rd Aston. I think Eva Mary Byrne married Charles A Baker in 1922 in Aston and she may have died soon after in Southampton. It's also possible that James Henry Byrne married Dorothy Ada Barratt in Stafford in 1921 and they may have had a daughter Mary A Barratt in 1922. It is very difficult to track whether Jane & James had other children after 1901 because of the difficulties with the change of spelling. Jane had 7 siblings and I have located details of most of them but need Jane's death- I htink James died aged 50 in Aston in 1923. Sincerely hoping something here sounds familiar- I have heaps of family history to share! Regards Marlene