Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Casey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AllanC

AllanC Report 22 Nov 2007 10:57

Does anyone have any information on a James Casey who was my great-great-grandfather? The only information I have is that he was born in Ireland, probably around 1807 and died sometime before 1872. His wife was Alice, maiden name unknown, and their daughter Ellen was born 1842 or 1843. Ellen married Henry Gregory in Macclesfield on 25/05/1872, and died in 1903 (James is described as 'deceased' on their marriage certificate). Henry and Ellen had 2 daughters, one of whom died in infancy, the other, Elizabeth Ellen, was my grandmother.

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 22 Nov 2007 12:54

Hi Charles,
Just had a look to see if I could find anything for you (I am not related )

It looks as if James died

June (quarter) 1871
James Casey
age 65
Macclesfield 8a --82
----------------------------------------------------------

This MAY BE the marriage index for James and Alice

March (quarter) 1839
James Casey and Alice Hopkins
Macclesfield 19--83

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On one of the census it says that James was a Canadian with British citizenship--on all others it does say Ireland.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will take another look---but if you send for marriage cert.( asking them to check that this James did marry Alice) it should tell you his fathers name, which could help when looking for his birth.!!!

All the best
Barbara