Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my fathers brothers and sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Raymond

Raymond Report 1 Jan 2008 21:23

My fathers name was Raymond sydney charles Chapman bn 1930, his parents were Alfred Chapman bn c1898 and Mary Chapman nee Palmer, c1900, I believe he had brothers and sisters? any help in answering this question would be appreciated
regards
Ray

Steph

Steph Report 1 Jan 2008 21:53

Presume this is your fathers birth details

Mar qtr 1930
Raymond S C Chapman mmn Palmer
Lewisham, vol 1d page 1268

if so could this be a possible sibling?

Mar qtr 1932
Francis W Chapman mmn Palmer
St. Olave, vol 1d, page 189.

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 22:07

Hi Raymond.
Do you know if Alfred and Mary had any other names ?
I have found on freebmd the marriage of a ALFRED C CHAPMAN to MARY A PALMER in june 1925 Woolwich 1d 2250

Raymond

Raymond Report 1 Jan 2008 22:11

Your spot on with the Alfred C Chapman.
regards
Ray

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 22:13

Hi Ray
That must be their marriage then.
Can't see any births between 1925 to 1930 on freebmd but freebmd is not complete.
Maybe need to search ancestry. Have you any idea on names ?
Joan

Raymond

Raymond Report 1 Jan 2008 22:15

It could well be sibling of my fathers unfortunately I have no details so I`m relying on you good people for help, once again thank you for all your help
regards
Ray

Raymond

Raymond Report 1 Jan 2008 22:18

hi Joan, I have been given the names Joyce and Aubrey but I have no confirmation so this could be wrong.
Ray

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 22:20

Raymond
I have just found a birth for Aubrey H Chapman mmn Palmer in Jan qtr of 1926 in reg district Malling 2a 1284
Joan

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 22:27

Found the birth for a JOYCE M CHAPMAN mmn Palmer in Woolwich 1d 1652 Apr qtr 1927.
Joan

Raymond

Raymond Report 1 Jan 2008 22:31

hi again Joan, I can confirm that 1927 is the date I have for Joyce born in woolwich, it appears that most of the family never left the area so i`m not sure about Aubrey but I appreciate all your efforts
Ray

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 22:32

Raymond
I will carry on looking, but only by buying the birth certs will you be sure.
Joan