Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Chesworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 12 Sep 2005 10:39

I am chasing any relatives with the surname Chesworth as I am now graspping at straws and need help with trying to put a huge Chesworth Puzzle all my family came from Prescot Lancs dating back to 1744 but I have lost track of all my relatives as I live in Australia so if anybody has aneighbour or workmate who is aChesworthI would love to hear fromyou As it stands now I have over 2000 Chesworth Names from 1744 to my kids 1996so if anybody can help I would be most grateful all the best Derek Chesworth

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Sep 2007 23:01

Hi Derek
Do not know if it helps but my grandmother was married to a Chesworth before she married my grandad - they lived in the Fulham area of London and had three sons. Jack, Leslie and another who died as a teenager on a motorbike. Uncle Jack had two daughters, Wendy and Susan and they lived in Surrey (they were all much older than me - I am 53) - Uncle Les had two sond, Peter and Kenneth - Kenneth had one daughter and peter had four or five children before he died.
It may be a link - maybe not but if it helps then get back in touch and I will find out more info for you
Pat Jones

Wendy

Wendy Report 30 Nov 2007 13:11

hello derek,
I am Wendy, the cousin of Patricia. I can add a little to her info, going back a bit. Starting with my father,
Harold John Chesworth b. 1912
Ernest b; 1880 had a brother Arthur
John b. 1850
Thomas b. 1828
As Patricia said they lived in the Fulham area of London and before that in Liverpool.
Hope this is helpful;
I can also furnish you with a whole bag full of chesworth descendants from me and my sister.
As Thomas is the earliest entry I have in this family line I would like to see your tree before that date please
Wendy Richardson(Chesworth)

Susan

Susan Report 14 Dec 2007 16:44

Hello Derek,

I was a Chesworth before my marriage.

My father was born in Acton, West London. He was the son of Arthur Crawley Chesworth (1882), from Prescot in Lancashire, and Edith Kemble.

Arthur Crawley Chesworth was the son of Richard Chesworth (1860) and Annie Crawley.

I have been able to trace the line back to William Chesworth (1805) born in Eccleston, Lancs.

Sue Hooper