Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Albert Church

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anneka

Anneka Report 21 Nov 2007 20:40

Hi. I'm trying to find information on my grandfather Albert Church he was born 23/12/1920, and died 31/12/1978. He was a Wood Machinist in Leeds. He was married with a son before he married my grandmother Doreen Rider, (they had 5 children together Terence (my dad), Jaqueline, Graham, Jennifer and Angela. I would appreciate any information about his parents / his son from his first marriage - basically anything! Thank you, Anneka

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 21 Nov 2007 20:52

His birth cert will tell you his parents' names.

These are on FreeBMD - but may not be all of them as 1920/21 is not fully transcribed yet.

Births Dec 1920 (92%)
Church Albert Kelley Hunslet 9b 843 Scan available - click to view
Church Albert H Revell Woolwich 1d 2207 Scan available - click to view
Births Mar 1921 (98%)
Church Albert Clark Marylebone 1a 806 Scan available - click to view
Church Albert E Kiltrill Middlesbro' 9d 1071 Scan available - click to view
Church Albert L Houghton Lambeth 1d 62

If you know his DOB you can apply to the GRO with that info and his name and they will find the correct one to save you having to send off for one or more of the above.

Do you know where he was born?

Anneka

Anneka Report 21 Nov 2007 21:41

Hi! Thank you for replying. I used FreeBMD - thank you for telling me about it. My grandad is the one born in Hunslet, so I now have his mothers maiden name ( Kelley). Thank you for your help, best wishes, Anneka