Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guernsey, Channel Islands

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 1 Nov 2007 23:05

I am researching our family name of Clent and have discovered that there were quite a few people with that name in various parts of Guernsey dating back to the early 1800`s. Does anyone have any knowledge of them, or any idea as to how or why they would have been there. I have just one UK record on an early census which was of a 15 yr old soldier called James Clent who was stationed at the Royal Barracks on Jersey in 1841, but no other censuses seem to include Guernsey. Love to hear from anyone who might have some information. I have traced the English Clents back to the 1500`s and they were mainly in Shropshire/Worcs/Staffordshire and I would be happy to swap information with anyone researching the same name.

Linda.