Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 6 May 2007 04:39

Hello, I'm looking for information on or decendants of Alfred & Edith Cock (nee Corke), my father, Leslie, being one of their 3 children. His siblings were Alfred Christopher (known as Chris)& Irene Edith. The family was living in Ealing, Middlesex 1909 when my father was born. He came to Australia in 1927, married, had 3 children and unfortunately lost contact with his English family shortly after his mother, Edith, died around 1951-52. His father, Alfred, had died 1914. My father died 1971 & being much younger than my sister & brother I really only know what my mother & they have told my about my English relatives - I would dearly love to know more about my English roots & better still make contact with someone belonging to my Dad's Family.

16/12/07 I now know Irene married Albert Murry (Bill/Billie) 1933 & they had a daughter Isobel in 1935.

13/6/10 In addition to above info - Albert died Feb 1981,aged 80, he resided at Churchill Gardens. Not sure about his wife, Irene, as his death details were given by daughter Isobel. I have been searching the BDM Records & have been successful with several applications - one giving me an address for Isobel in 1981.
Carolyn