Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cockburn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cindy

Cindy Report 23 Dec 2004 20:51

COCKBURNS FROM CARLISLE. I live in the United States and have very little information on my father's side of my family. My Gfather, Henry (Harry), immigrated to the US from England with his brother David sometime in early 1900s. The family consisted of my GGfather, Robert, wife Jane, and children Robert, Joseph, Henry, Frances and David all born in Carlisle I believe. I am not familiar with the area names and districts, but I have also seen reference to ST CUTHBERT WITHOUT and CUMBERLAND. I am interested in any information on my COCKBURN family heritage.

Martyn

Martyn Report 26 Oct 2007 14:49

Hi there, My name is Martyn Cockburn, I was born in 1959 at Bowness-on-Solway, which is very close to Carlisle. My father, Reginald Cockburn was born - I think - in Carlisle. He and my mother were divorced, and after that I lost contact with him, I was only four years old when this happened. I know that I have a half sister on my fathers side, I think her name is Louise Cockbun, and I think I may have found her on genes.n
Good hunting, cheers, Martyn