Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Albert Edward Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 27 Feb 2010 00:15

I am trying to find Albert Edward Cole born 1901 Chertsey Surrey, son of Henry and Mary Ann Cole. I have hit a brick wall, according to my dad his brother Albert emigrated to Australia, but I can't find any record of him anywhere Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sue

patchem

patchem Report 27 Feb 2010 08:33

Have you found the parents in 1911?
If not, could we have dates and places of birth for mother and father to help you find them?

patchem

patchem Report 27 Feb 2010 08:36

Is your father sure of name and dates:
Births Sep 1901
COLE Albert Edward Chertsey 2a 56
Deaths Jun 1902
Cole Albert Edward 0 Chertsey 2a 37

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 27 Feb 2010 08:43

Do you know when he immigrated ?

Do you know which state, or city, he settled in ?
... any letters home, with an address

Did he marry, England or Australia ?

Sue

Sue Report 28 Feb 2010 16:34

Thank you so much for replying to my search for Albert Edward Cole, I am going to send for the death certificate that you have mentioned Patricia to see if it is the person I am looking for - I am beginning to wonder if my grandparents told my father any answer they could think of rather than admitting a child had died. If it is the right person it will clear up that particular branch - now for the grandparents branch and a missing child there.
Once again thanks
Sue