Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stephen Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 28 Feb 2010 18:17

Stephen Cole b: 1/5/1873 Frensham - A/M/J 1873 Farnham 2a-106 parents Eliabeth Crack and Thomas Cole.
Tales through the family say that he left home with his brother (my grandfather) to find their fortune and to get away from the hard life of an ag. lab. Trouble is - he seems to have gone missing. I did find a 10 year old child who died in Guildford son of an ag.lab, and inquest only gives just that, no name of parents - can anyone help?

Astra

Astra Report 28 Feb 2010 18:26

Stephen Cole
Estimated birth year: abt 1873
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Thomas
Mother's Name: Elizth.
Where born: Churt, Surrey, England
Civil parish: Ash and Normandy
County/Island: Surrey
Street Address: Ash St
Registration district: Farnham
Sub-registration district: Frimley
ED, institution, or vessel: 8
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Thomas Cole 39
Elizth. Cole 32
Henry Cole 13
Stephen Cole 8
Mary Cole 5
Ellen Cole 3
Louisa Berry 24
William Berry

Astra

Astra Report 28 Feb 2010 18:27

Death cert may be useful

Stephen Cole
Estimated birth year: abt 1872
Year of Registration: 1882
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at Death: 10
District: Guildford
County: Surrey
Volume: 2a
Page: 54

Sue

Sue Report 28 Feb 2010 18:46

Hi Astra,
Yes the birth is him, and the death is the certificate I have, but on it all it says is 'son of a farm labourer - I tried the records office to see if they had the address of the hospital etc. so that maybe I could see an original (theoretically I am the nearest relative now), but the records office said the hospital on the death certificate didn't exist! 'the Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford' - any idea how I might find out who the father of this child is as I am at a loss and so therefore can't be sure it is the person I am looking for (although at a guess it is)
Thanks

Peter

Peter Report 24 Oct 2010 14:52

Hello Sue
On a recent visit to the Records Office in Ipswich,I came across George Coles 1550 Fremsden.
Dont know if this is of interest to you.
Regards
Peter cole

Sue

Sue Report 5 Nov 2010 23:04

Thanks Peter,
I will check it out, but I think that Fremsden (Framsden) is in Suffolk, I have no evidence that my branch of the Cole family come from anywhere other than Hampshire, but as I have come to a standstill in the early 1700's everything is worth checking out.