Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 1 Feb 2007 09:54

Hi, I have just started to research my family history and I have discovered that my Grandfather George Thomas Cole was married previously, a fact surviving family members were unaware of. At the time of the 1901 census he was residing at 1 Hazel Road, Crayford, Kent, with his wife Annetta Louisa Jane nee Willman two sons George (4), Ernest (3), and a newly born daughter Ethel. From some point in 1901 he worked as a train driver on the Burma state railway until 1904 when he returned to the UK to work for The Union Cold Storage Company whom he left in Sept. 1904. In 1913 he was then working on the North Eastern Brazilian Railway, when he retuned back to the UK is unknown. Soon after he had married my grandmother Doris Kate Bines in 1919 he went to work for the Ashanti gold mine where he died in 1922. Any information given to fill-in the gaps will be gratefully received by myself and my father. George Cole

Julie

Julie Report 7 Mar 2009 16:04

Hello, I am trying to find information about the union cold storage company . i am researching my husband's family. Apparently they were brought over from Russia in the late 1890s by this company as the father was a fur stacker. i now that the company formed in 1897 but can't find much else. A list of employees, or ships or ports they travel from/to would be great. But any info about the company would be good
Thanks Julie