Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Aug 2005 22:41

We are researching a large family of COLE, 9 sons and 6 daughters of WILLIAM JOHN COLE and SARAH ANN COLE (nee CHURCHMAN) The 15 children were born in Whitchurch, Hampshire, between 1878 and 1901. We cannot find marriages or deaths/ burials for two of the sons, William Henry, born about 1879, and Frederick Gordon, born March qtr. 1893. Is anyone researching this family? William John Cole descends from the Hurstbourne Priors, Hampshire, Coles. 28/10/2005 We have found out a bit about William Henry. He was in Islington, but Frederick Gordon still remains a mystery. No marriage or death found yet. He was still in Whitchurch on the 1919 electoral roll.

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Sep 2007 21:58

I'm sure that I wrote the above messages, but I am not called Susan Twigg! Since writing the above, a very kind lady called Jacqui on this site has given me lots of info on Frederick Gordon. Many thanks Jacqui and Genes Reunited.
Sheila

Angela

Angela Report 17 Sep 2007 15:47

Hi susan Ive been looking for my dads brothers fredrick & william cole born I think between about 1920 & my dad albert jason cole born on the 29/05/1930 . I know that my dad was born in islington could it be the same family. Thanks

Patricia

Patricia Report 28 Dec 2007 00:49

Hi

Do you happen to have a Sarah Ann Cole in this large family? My g-grandmother was a 'Cole' - she married Henry Saunders at the beginning of the 20th Century - 1906, I think. I have only just found out that her maiden name was Cole. Success in your searching. Regards and thanks

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 May 2008 22:12

I wrote the first two messages above and I am SHEILA! I've no idea how the name Susan Twigg got on to my first message! Sorry I haven't looked at this for a long time.

ANGELA, all I can tell you is that William Cole was born in Whitchurch, Hants, 1879, and married a Mabel, and they had a son, Norman. William's brother, Frederick Gordon Cole was born in Whitchurch, Hants, 1893. I don't know of any Islington connection for him. I know he lived in Scotland for some of his life. I don't think we have the same family.

PATRICIA: Regarding the Sarah Ann Cole mentioned in my first post above, Cole was her married name. Her maiden name was Churchman. Sorry I don't have anyone who was born Sarah Ann Cole.

Sheila