Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Coleman / Blackman marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 4 Jan 2008 18:47

Hi

Sorry to pester with another message. But wondered if anyone can help me with this one. Ellen Coleman born around 1890 (one her personal papers at home give DOB as 1887 but census gives 1890) was my great grand mother. She was married in 1916 to George Agar and stayed with him until she died in the 1960s.

But, from George and Ellen's marriage cert and their children's birth certs, I have found that she was married prior to 1916 to someone with the surname Blackman. She lived around West Ham and Essex for most of her life. I can't find any records of an Ellen Coleman married to a Blackman.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for your time

Zoe