Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coles from Everleigh, Wiltshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 31 Dec 2007 15:34

I am trying to find any information on the Blacksmith's family in Everleigh, Wiltshire. They moved away from there in the late 1800's but were there for generations.
Are there any Coles's there still?
Can you help?
Thanks
Karen

xx bumble bee xx

xx bumble bee xx Report 31 Dec 2007 19:42

hi kren
all my family are coles from in and around that area... do you have any info?
amanda x

Karen

Karen Report 1 Jan 2008 12:53

Yes I have quite a lot.
The family moved from Everleigh to Sunbury, Middlesex at around the beginning of the 1900's before that from; William James (c.1873) John James (c.1846) and to William (c.1811) they have all been Blacksmiths on the census records. William born c.1811 is the earliest I have gone back to without going down to Wiltshire and going through the records there.
From Middlesex they then (still called William) moved to Hemel Hempstead and Kings Langley, which is where my father was born.
Do any of these dates tie in with your family?
Would you like spouse/sibling names and dates too?
Thanks
Karen