Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 29 Dec 2007 19:49

I am trying to find my cousin, his name is Peter George Smith born November 1980. He moved away when we were younger as his mum and dad split up and i believe he may have had his name changed by deed poll to Chambers and moved to the Leeds area.
I was wondering if anyone maybe able to help me find him or find a way of tracking him down.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 29 Dec 2007 20:14

Have you tried electoral rolls? This would give all the men of that name in that area and there addresses-You might be lucky-or try looking up possible marriages and see what area they may be in-then the electoral rolll of the two people who got married.Good luck

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 29 Dec 2007 20:19

Ok thanks where would be the best place to look for the electoral rolls

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 29 Dec 2007 20:37

I know she remarried and Chambers is her married name.
I am unsure of her maiden name but can find that out,

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 30 Dec 2007 10:30

Will found out later this evening and let you know.
Thanks for your help LFW

Gina

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 30 Dec 2007 18:20

I got the date of birth wrong it was the Q of Oct, Nov, Dec 1981 and the mothers maiden is Magee first Jackie (spelling might be wrong)

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 1 Jan 2008 10:37

Thank you so much, i have found out abit more that jacqueline was never married to my uncle which means if she did marry her maiden would still come under magee and Smith wouldnt come into it with her.
So it would have just been peter who would have taken his dads surname Smith

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 1 Jan 2008 18:18

i have just phoned and spoke to my nan and my mum and they said that this does sound right,
I dont have any other information other than that really, but if i do i will post it on here