Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jimmy Collins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyW

PollyW Report 16 Feb 2008 19:28

I am looking for a British Sailor named Jimmy Collins. He was in his 20's in 1943/44. He was on a ship which docked in New York City USA 2 or 3 times during 1943 - 1944. Jimmy was an old friend of a female related to me by marriage. Jimmy evidently asked her to marry him but she felt she couldn't due to being pregnant by someone who had raped her. Jimmy used to visit her house in Nutley New Jersey which was just across the river. She would have been 17 and he was in his 20's and new each other for about 2 years..This lady, USA born, now lives in Canada and would just like to know if he is still alive and to contact him as an old friend.

I know this is a very long shot but would be grateful if anybody recognises any similarities to one of their family members.

Pauline