Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

john collins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michele

Michele Report 15 May 2008 16:44

john collins gen lab, 1876 married emily scales they lived in carshalton after they were married, believed to come from travelling family, any info gladly received as have come to a stop. thanks michele

Lindylu

Lindylu Report 15 May 2008 16:46

Sorry for my ignorance here Michele but where is Carshalton?

do you have a birth year for john?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 May 2008 16:49

Carshalton is in Surrey

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 May 2008 16:55

When and where did they marry? Do you have the cert?

Can find a marriage of John Collins and possible bride of Mary Scales in 1891 Islington

Not found John Collins to Emily Scales

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 15 May 2008 16:57

is this there marriage.

john collins-emily scales jun q1916 epsom.

richard.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 May 2008 16:59

Richard,

Well spotted.

Maureen

jansmith

jansmith Report 15 May 2008 17:03

?marriage if you want to get the certificate to give you more info about them
John Collins
Emily Scales
Epsom
vol.2a
page90
June quarter 1916

Michele

Michele Report 16 May 2008 23:29

thank you all, i do have the wedding cert, but it has been no help as cannot trace them further, or anyone else on the cert, i think they were from traveller families and thats the problem, so thankyou all much appreciated, shelley

Susan

Susan Report 20 Nov 2008 19:17

Hi

I am also trying to trace the family of John Collins, married to Emily Scales Epsom and have also been told that they were travellers of Irish tinker descent, I have recently applied for the marriage certificate but have not as yet received it. Have you got any further with this at all, perhaps we could view each others tree, John Collins and Emily Scales had a son George who married Edith Odd (these are my husbands grandparents). I don't even know if George had any brothers or sister, Georges son Bernard (my husbands Uncle) seemed to remember he had a great aunt Fanny and he seems to think that one of the ancestors was hung for horse theft. Although I am not sure if these were on the Collins or Odd side of the family.

Yours hopefully

Sue Young