Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COLLINS ECOTT & FORD (Cirencester/Woolwich)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 26 May 2008 11:30

Have information on George Arthur FORD and Ada Pretoria FORD, born 1899 and 1900, respectively, in Woolwich/East Plumstead (Essex or Kent).

Parents were John FORD, born 1870/1 on Kingston Seymour (Essex) and Annie Eliza COLLINS, born 1875 in Cirencester.

George Arthur FORD may have emigrated to Australia in the 1950's. I believe another child (Louisa Annie) was born in 1898 but died the same year.

Annie COLLINS married John FORD in April 1897 in Plumstead, Kent. John was a Private in the Essex regiment in 1900.

Annie's parents were William COLLINS (born around 1834 in Kingston Seymour, Somerset) and Annie Elizabeth BOND, born around 1852, probably in Cirencester, Gloucester.

I have a bit more information on William COLLINS and his first wife, Emma ECOTT who has connections with YAXLEY and FOX, for anyone researching those names.

Happy to share what I've found and would like to make contact with any relatives who can shed further light on this family history.