Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Collins/Weldon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Foxy66

Foxy66 Report 16 Oct 2008 23:41

I am trying to locate information on Mary Collins born around 1886. She is the mother to my grandmother Sarah A Collins born 1908 in Sheffield. I have obtained her birth certificate which there is no father named. Either Mary was unmarried or took her partners name. I believe that Collins was her maiden name and have traced who I believe to be her parents and siblings as follow:

Father Richard Collins born Ireland C1861 *
Mother Sarah A Collins born Barnsley C1863
Brother Walter Collins born Sheffield C1890 *
Brother Richard Collins born Sheffield C1883 *
Brother Joseph Collins born Sheffield C 1881 *

Mother of Sarah A Collins born Barnsley – Mary A Weldon C1830
Brother Sarah A Collins born Barnsley – Richard Weldon C1861
“ “ “ “ “ - Walter Weldon C1866
Sister “ “ “ Sheffield - Eliza Weldon C1870

All the above appear in census 1891 but in 1901 all but * appear and there is no trace of the other family members again. Can anyone give me any tips or ideas? I did think that Sarah wife to Richard may have died but he is still down as Married on 1901 census? I could be completely on the wrong track but too many similarities. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.