Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Collins family Walsall Workhouse 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 23 Apr 2011 19:09

Hi
I am trying to find info on the following family who were in the walsall workhouse when the 1901 census was taken. They are: Thomas Collins b abt 1856, Sidney Collins b abt 1891,Henry Collins b abt 1893, Louisa Collins b abt 1895 and frederick Collins b abt 1897. I am trying to establish if Sidney was my grandfather and have very little info on him. If any of the above appear on your tree please let me know. Thanks
Julie

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 23 Apr 2011 19:11

Have you tried searching trees on this site to see if anyone else is looking for the family,
Good luck,
Liz

patchem

patchem Report 23 Apr 2011 19:11

Why do you think this might be the correct family?
Have you got Sidney's marriage certificate which will give the name of his Father?
Thanks

Julie

Julie Report 23 Apr 2011 19:37

Liz
Thanks for suggestion but yes I have searched trees for all of the individual family members and have had no luck. Very difficult tracing them on the 1911 census too as it seems they split up and the father i think died before 1911.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 23 Apr 2011 19:45

I think this is a duplicate thread ..... see Surname Board