Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tina Collins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 18 Jun 2007 19:51

my name is tina collins the grandaughter of jessie rosina collins (parkinson)maiden name born 6.12 1915 who had 9 brothers and sisters she married patrick collins who had 12 brothers who we know nothing of it would be helpfull if anyone had any info to get in touch in order to add to my tree.my gran had 2 brothers that moved to australia im sure his name was john fredrick born 1919 and died 2005 and william george born 1899 and died i think 1974. jessie and patrick had 5 children all who lived in battersea london, wandsworth . my dad and i would love to know if anyone knows of patrick collins brothers or have any info.please contact if these names look familliar

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 01:34

Your Grans Birth Record...

Births Mar 1916 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parkinson Jessie R Pembleton Wandsworth 1d 871

Looks like we have a transcription error.... the surname is actually Pemberton!!!

And i would say this is probably her parents marriage...

Marriages Sep 1898 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parkinson William Adam Wandsworth 1d 1179
PEMBERTON Sarah Ellen Wandsworth 1d 1179

They just love transcribing things wrong...

Births Jun 1880 (>99%)

PARKINSON William Adam Chelsea 1a 355
PARKINSON William Adam Chelsea 1a 366

Same entry just an issue with the gro reference!

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 01:52

I would say this is them in 1901 with thier first child...Look like your William George was known as George!

1901 England Census
about William Parkinson
Name: William Parkinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Sarah
Where born: Lambeth, London, England

Civil Parish: Battersea
Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch
County/Island: London

Registration district: Wandsworth
Sub-registration district: Northwest Battersea
ED, institution, or vessel: 22
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 226
Household Members: Name Age
George Parkinson 1
Sarah Parkinson 20
William Parkinson 22 << General Labourer

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 01:55

Some of the childrens births we can be sure of...

Births Sep 1913 (96%)

Parkinson Bert T, Pemberton Wandsworth 1d 920

Births Sep 1915 (>99%)

Parkinson Alice M P Pemberton Salford 8d 15

Births Sep 1919 (88%)

Parkinson John F Pemberton Wandsworth 1d 782

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 01:58

Bert Parkinson of Wandsworth comes up in a tree owned by 'Elaine'

Use the search facility at the top and search for all the known names of siblings, starting with Bert and see what happens. 'Eliane' has the right name and location of birth and the year for Bert...

Good Luck x