Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Collins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 17 Mar 2007 20:24

I am desperately trying to trace the background of by Grandfather EDWARD THOMAS COLLINS (TED) - Born 1879 in Brighton. He was apparently a nephew of Capt Fred Collins who ran pleasure boats in Brighton called Skylark and had a pub on the beachfront called Welcome Fellows. Grandfather was a carpenter/cabinet maker/painter and joined the Royal Engineers during the Anglo Boer War and served in Natal, South Africa. My grandmother, Matilda Grace Maynard, who was a schoolmistress at Brentwood School in Essex, sailed from England in 1903 to join him in South Africa, where they were married. I have absolutely no further information on my grandad and would appreciate it greatly if anyone out their thinks there may be a family connection and would contact me. Kindest regards to all JOAN BOOYSEN CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA