Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CAPT FRED COLLINS OF BRIGHTON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 4 Sep 2007 20:37

Was anyone out there related to Capt Fred Collins who had two pleasure boats in Brighton, both named Skylark?

He was my gr gr uncle and I need to find details of his parents, names and dates of birth and whatever else is available.

Kind regards

JOAN RSA

Anne

Anne Report 18 Sep 2007 17:01

Hi Joan

Can you give me more information on Capt Fred Collins, dates and where abouts in Brighton. My side of the family came from Bosham, Emsworth and Brighton.

Thanks

Regards Anne

Joan

Joan Report 20 Sep 2007 12:30

Hi Anne

I take it you are also a Collins ?
Capt Fred was quite a celebrity and he had a massive funeral. I actually got copies of newspaper cuttings and his burial notice from the Brighton Family History Library. Frederick had a son Frederick Poste Collins, and the two of them had a pub in the Kings Arches of Brighton called "Welcome Fellows". Frederick Jnr also had a photography shop in the arches and took pics of tourists. Pls let me have your email address as I have lots more info on the Collins family and their ancestors. My email is [email protected]

Kind regards

JOAN