Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Katherine Bond

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katherine

Katherine Report 29 Jul 2007 00:14

I have just uncovered a family mystery. My ggg grandmother was ANN CALDER COOK. She married ALEXANDER ROBERTSON in Glasgow in the 1860s and had 4 children by him before he died in about 1870, She remarried ROBERT MCCAULEY in 1873 and had 2 more children before he died in 1875. In the 1881 census she has 5 of the children with her but my gg grandmother AGNES BEATTIE MCCAULEY is missing. Ann came to Australia in 1886 - still without Agnes. Agnes next reappears in Northern Ireland where she married my gg grandfather JOSEPH WILKINSON. In 1911 they came to Australia. Where was Agnes between her birth in 1874 and her marriage in 1894?? Perhaps Ann could not cope with a 2nd new baby (a brother was born in 1875) and widowhood and gave her to a family member or friend. Any clues would be appreciated.