Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Corbett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 15 May 2007 20:17

I am trying to find out a bit more about my Irish family history. WILLIAM HUGH CORBETT was born in 1867 in Belfast, Ireland and by 1881 was living in West Hartlepool. He went on to marry MARY E. Emmerson and worked as a shipyard rivetter. His parents were WILLIAM CORBETT (b.1846 - a boiler maker) and MARGARET ? (b.1848) and I know that they too were born in Co. Down - Ireland, but not specifically where. They also had SAMUEL CORBETT (b.1869 in Ireland), Florence, Alice J, Jane Pretoria and Francis (all born in West Hartlepool). Any information at all regarding Corbett's in Belfast and more specific info would be great! Helen O'Connor (nee Corbett)

dean jenkins

dean jenkins Report 3 Nov 2007 10:44

hi my grandfather is albert corbett from west hartlepool and his grandfather was a fisherman from co corke any relation?

dean jenkins

dean jenkins Report 11 Nov 2007 12:28

HI HELEN,WILLIAM CORBETT BORN C1847 IN BELFAST IRELAND,DIED DEC 1908 AT GARIBALDI ST WEST HARTLEPOOL-BURIAL 29TH DEC 1908, MARRIED TO MARGUERITTE MCGOWAN BORN C1847 IN IRELAND. 1891 CENSUS SHOWS THEM AS LIVING AT 25 OUTRAM ST WEST HARTLEPOOL,WILLIAMS OCCUPATION-CUTTER AND CAULKER! HOPE THIS INFO IS HELPFUL I HAVE A REPORT ON CORBETT FAMILY MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]